The hireimmigrants.ca Roadmap is a step-by-step interactive guide with comprehensive strategies and tools to help businesses enhance their human resources planning and practice, from recruiting to retaining skilled immigrants. This Roadmap is easily customizable for both employers with immediate needs and human resources professionals looking for strategic and/or planning support.
To access the toolkit, click here.
This toolkit focuses on the following:
- Assessment and selection
- Talent management
- Conditions for success
General Employer Guides for Hiring and Integrating Skilled Immigrants
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
“Employer’s Roadmap to Hiring and Retraining Internationally Trained Workers (ITWs)"
Conference Board of Canada
Business Critical: Maximizing the Talents of Visible Minorities (2005)
Hire Immigrants Ottawa
“Employers Guide to Integrating Immigrants into the Workplace”
“Employers in Action”
Workforce Planning Board of York Region and South Simcoe
“Newcomers – A Resource for your Business” (2009)
York South Simcoe Training and Adjustment Board
“Tapping into the Hidden Workforce”
Listing of Bridge Training Programs
Bridge training programs may provide immigrants with:
- An assessment of education and skills
- Clinical or workplace experience
- Skills training or targeted academic training programs
- Preparation for a licence or certification examination
- Language training for professions or trades
- Individual learning plans to identify any added training needed
To find a list of bridge training programs for immigrants in Ontario, click here.
Listing of Sector Councils
The Alliance of Sector Councils is a coordinating body for some 37 sector councils and sector-like organizations that bring together representatives from business, labour, education, and other professional groups in a neutral forum to comprehensively and cooperatively analyze and address sector-wide human resource issues on a national scale.
This is the network of Canada's sector councils dedicated to implementing industry-driven labour market solutions in key sectors of the economy. The Alliance supports sector councils by:
- Sharing best practices
- Facilitating establishment of of common priorities
- Commissioning research to support sector councils' common agenda
- Organizing state-of-the-art workshops on critical issues for members
- Coordinating member-driven working groups on priority issues
- Managing a website with links to all sector councils
- Facilitating sector council program and policy discussion
- Acting as a contact point between sectors, governments and other agencies
- Promoting the sector council model
- Mentoring emerging councils
To access the Alliance of Sector Councils website, click here.
Links by Province